Monday, July 18, 2005

Harry's not as compelling as I expected

I am amazed. I thought Big Brother would do nothing else but read this book. He waited for it so long, and by Saturday afternoon he was stalking the mailman, who delivered it 5 minutes before Big Brother had to be at church to be altar server for a wedding. Then we had a party to attend. I expected him to stay up all night Saturday night. But he did not! He was in bed early (for him).
Yesterday he read little if any of the book.
This is highly abnormal. This child would read his way through the day and night if we'd let him--including mealtimes. (There is an ironclad "no reading at dinner" rule at our house, though we're more relaxed about breakfast and lunch).
However, I did read that this book is very "dark" and that someone who had appeared to be a Good Guy really turns out to be bad, in this book.
Maybe he's had enough of that with Star Wars this summer.

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Do you honestly think it will only take a year to get the next one out?
There's another movie coming up. I'd give it at least 2, probably 3.