Thursday, July 21, 2005

It's a scary world out there

This morning I was on my way to get my driver's license renewed. In New Jersey, the only thing more difficult to do than get one of the new, special, tamper-proof licenses is to find cheap housing. I had to bring my original birth certificate, marriage certificate proving, I guess, that I WILLINGLY took on this wacky unspellable Polish/Lithuanian name, recent bank statement with my name on it, Social Security card, a form, a check for $24, and the fervent hope that I was having a Good Hair Day (for the record, I wasn't).
As I reflected upon the fact that any terrorist can get a New Jersey driver's license with far less documentation than I had to produce today, I turned on the all-news radio station.
More bombs in more London buses and subways.
Luckily for everyone, the kind of carnage that took place 2 weeks ago didn't happen this morning.
I can't even begin to think what to pray for here....peace....an end to terrorism....healing for those injured/bereft by any terrorist attacks.....and a world in which we don't have to live in fear of getting on a bus.

No comments: