Friday, July 29, 2005

The Power of Mom

Little Brother is in search of some toy that Neighbor Boy made for him with some Tinker Toys. Those toys used to belong to Neighbor Boy and he enjoys coming over here and constructing things under the guise of playing with Little Brother.
Anyway, Little Brother is pathetically wandering the house trying to find this irreplaceable construction.
"Mom, where's my (insert unintelligible name of toy here)?"
"I don't know."
"But you know where everything is!"
He's only 3, and has already figured out that when you can't find something, Mom's the one to ask.
He thinks I know everything.
The Big Kids know better (or think they do).
I'll enjoy it while it lasts. And I'll get up and help him in his pathetic wanderings until he finds the thing he's looking for.

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Trust me, I know it won't last!

I did find the missing toy, though.