Thursday, September 29, 2005

Huh?

My Big Kids were watching a movie this morning after getting ready for school. Normally I don't allow this, but I hadn't had my coffee yet and it just wasn't on my radar screen.
Middle Sister walked out the door at the right time to catch the bus. Big Brother stood there, leaning on the back of the couch, watching. Then I passed by him on my way to the laundry area, and he said, "I think I just heard my bus leave." He peeked out the door and sure enough, Middle Sister was gone. She hadn't asked the driver to honk for her brother, she JUST LEFT HIM.
Needless to say, that movie has been put back in its little Netflix envelope and dropped in the mail.
I can't wait to hear Middle Sister's answer when I ask her why she left her brother behind.
And this Mommy will be much more forceful about the "No TV Before School" rule.

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Well, even with dressing Little Brother and stopping at Dunkin' Donuts to get Little Brother and myself a nutritious (NOT) breakfast, Big Brother made it to school before the bus. No mean feat, this--he has the Notorious Lead-Footed Bus Driver.

Dating said...

Amazing! My mother would have almost killed me..