Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ah, the logic of a 4-year-old...

Little Brother just came running up to me. "Mom, I finished my Pop-Tart!" He climbed into my lap and I got a big hug. I asked him if he ate all of his Pop-Tart.
"I ate almost all of it. 3 pieces are on the floor."
"Maybe you should go and pick them up and put them on the table."
"No. I don't need to. When it's next today, they will disappear."
Isn't it nice to have that knowledge that things will be taken care of? Little Brother is quite sure that by "next today" the mess will be gone. I wish it were that simple for me to just let go of any mess or worry that is bothering me, and just trust that the Lord will take care of it. Sometimes it's good to be "like a child."
Now, the Pop-Tart mess isn't the kind that the Lord can take care of. Little Brother and I will be heading over with a vacuum soon!

No comments: