Thursday, April 20, 2006

Fashion Emergency!

Middle Sister is wearing a very cute pink and blue shorts outfit, accessorized by one of my grandmother's old necklaces she was given as a dress-up item several years ago. It's brown.

Me: "Interesting choice of necklace with that outfit."
MS: "Thanks! I think I'm going to wear it to church."
Me: "With what?"
MS: "I don't know....it's been getting pretty hot in church. What should I wear?"
Me: "You have 2 spring dresses. You could wear either one of those." (And neither of them goes with the necklace in question....)
MS: "I'd be roasting in those!"
Me: "You'll be fine."
MS: "I could wear some capris."
Me: "Capris are not for church. Capris are for picnics."
MS: "But we never go on picnics!"
Me: "You and your cousins were served picnic food for dinner last night. You could have had a picnic! Where did you eat?"
MS: "In the dining room...."
Me: "It was so nice out. Why didn't you eat outside?"
MS: "Because I have no capris!"

If you happen to know the name of the Patron Saint of Parents of Preteen Drama Queens, I'd love to hear from you. I'm going to find out, and step up my devotions. I think I'll need all the help I can get here.

No comments: