Monday, July 17, 2006

Table Manners, or Lack Thereof

Overheard at the dinner table:

"If I can eat with one chopstick, I am officially awesome."

Later:

"OK, a fork is actually 4 chopsticks, so...."

And the ever popular:

"I got pepper juice in my eye!"

Here's the recipe for the dinner that involved said chopsticks:

Hawaiian Chicken (serves 6)
1 1/2 lbs. chicken strips or chunks
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 cloves garlic, minced (2 to 3)
1 T. sesame oil
2 T sesame seeds
4 green onions, chopped (optional)

Flour chicken and saute in a little olive oil. Mix remaining ingredients except green onions. Add to skillet and stir to coat chicken. Cook until sauce thickens.
Serve over rice with pineapple on the side. Garnish with green onions.
We like it with Jasmine rice.

Hopefully, the next time I serve it, some people's manners will have improved. (And for the record, I used two chopsticks to eat my meal.)

No comments: