Sunday, July 23, 2006

Very strange

Last week I read on Happy Catholic that "sorrow is an act of the will, not of feeling."

I was chewing on that all week long, it seems.

Last night I had a very odd dream. At the end, I was sitting at a picnic table with a priest who was my pastor until 4 1/2 years ago, when we changed parishes after a series of events that left us angry, confused and heartbroken. And we felt that the pastor was doing nothing about it, and didn't care.

In my dream last night I told this priest, "I'm still angry." And he answered, "I know." And THEN I said, "I wonder if anger is like sorrow--an act of the will?"

After 4 1/2 years, I think it is. We're back at that parish now, with a different pastor, and that has been very healing to us. But there's still some anger there, obviously. Why do I still hang on to that?

No comments: