Monday, August 07, 2006

Cereal Prices

Yippee. Cereal prices are going up.

You might not notice that your $4-per-10-ounce box is getting more expensive, because the manufacturers aren't going to make it cost $4.50. Instead, they're going to only put 9 ounces in it. And they think people will still buy it.

Big Brother can go through most of a box in a single breakfast, especially if there's only 9 ounces in there!

And I've already noticed that there haven't been very many coupons available for breakfast cereal--and the ones that ARE out there are pretty cheesy (save $1 on 5 boxes). I used to have a rule that I would never spend more than 10 cents an ounce on cereal, but I'm having trouble doing that now.

I have found, though, that at Wegmans, the store-brand cereal is well priced and tastes very good. It's the best store-brand cereal I have found. So, Kellogg's and General Mills, you may have lost a customer. When I can buy a store-brand "Special K" for $1.49 for the same size box that you want me to buy at $3.89, I'm crazy not to try the store brand.

No comments: