Sunday, August 13, 2006

Flying Solo

I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into here.

At noon Mass today I will be the lone accompanist, and possibly one of only 2 adult singers. Middle Sister and maybe another girl her age will be there, but their voices are not very strong yet.

That's not a problem. I've "flown solo" before at Mass, and while it's not my favorite (I'd much rather play and sing in a group than by myself) I can manage.

I'll also have charge of Little Brother. Last time he sat with the choir he was quite good, but anyone with preschoolers knows that you can't bank on that. And he's been getting interested in helping me play, which is never a good thing outside our house!

So, if you've got a spare prayer to keep Little Brother quiet and me patient, I'd appreciate it.

No comments: