Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Am Prepared to do Battle

My weapon of choice: the Hefty bag.

It has come to my attention that my Big Kids' bedrooms are in serious violation of the "reasonably neat and sanitary" standard. They're not even merely messy. They are absolutely disgusting.

Both of these children seem to have much better things to do, such as playing computer games and watching television, than keeping their rooms clean. I can no longer figure out what color the floors are in either room. I can no longer walk across either room. There are too many empty plastic bags, used tissues, pencils, pens, backpacks, articles of clothing (clean? dirty?), books and toys all over the place.

So when the Big Kids get home from school today, an ultimatum WILL be issued.

There will be no TV, no video games, no computer use except for homework, until the rooms are cleaned up.

A deadline will also be issued. If the deadline is not met, I get to go into those rooms with my Hefty bags in hand. I'm not afraid to use them.

I'm fully aware of my part in this problem, as I have a rather "laissez-faire" attitude about bedrooms. I suppose that if I followed up a little better, the rooms wouldn't get to this state. I'll try to do better, and help them do better.

No comments: