Monday, October 16, 2006

Worry, Worry, Worry

Just to make it clear: I don't want to imply that we attend Mass at a different parish each weekend, based on convenience to us. Rather, we "checked things out" in a few parishes and prayerfully considered where our family would choose to worship.

That said, we were treated to a video in place of the homily yesterday. It was a video we'd all rather not have to watch. In the video, our Bishop outlined the "strategic plan" for the local parishes in our area of the diocese.

I participated in the "strategic plan" for the school and was very discouraged to find that despite my Very-Unlike-Me Optimism about the process, it became very clear that there was no real input sought from the People In The Pews--we were just being strung along, being made to feel like our opinions counted for something. I have no reason to believe that things will be any different this time. I'm trying to keep my cynicism to myself, but sometimes, despite my best efforts, it just leaks out all over the place.

Our pastor encouraged all parishioners to attend next weekend's Ministry Fair and participate in at least one parish group, to help along the revitalization of the parish that I have witnessed during the past year.

Please join with me in praying that we will not once again be uprooted from a place where we have really begun to grow.

No comments: