Friday, March 23, 2007

Little Blessings Can't Make Me Smile Right Now

This morning the sunrise made brilliant orange streaks in the dark sky.

When I opened the window I could hear many birds chirping to greet the day. I could even hear some ducks quacking. Robins were busily scoping out worms in my backyard. The bunny was hopping around out there too.

The Big Kids got up with their alarm clocks and without motherly nagging.

TheDad made sure to give me several extra hugs before leaving for the day.

Little Brother was lying on the floor outside the bathroom door early this morning, but he went back to sleep on the couch under the special blanket for another hour.

The brewing coffee filled the kitchen with its warm, rich aroma.

And I had to go hide in a dark room for a moment because in spite of all these little blessings, I couldn't keep the tears from rolling down my face. It's not the first time in the past couple of days, either. TheDad is mystified at the sudden emotional wreckage that has occurred.

So pardon me while I try and keep it together.

No comments: