Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Saints Meme

I was double-tagged on this one! Sarah and Ellen both asked me to do this meme:

List four favorite saints, two favorite blessed, and a person who you think should be a saint. As Sarah said, these are today's answers. Tomorrow's could be different...there are so many saints and so little time!

First of all, special mention goes to the Blessed Mother. I can't lump her in with "saints" because I think she is even beyond that, being conceived without sin.

SAINTS:
St. Francis of Assisi--my inspiration
St. Gianna Beretta Molla, who is a wonderful example of sacrificial love and motherhood
St. Francis de Sales, whose writings I am beginning to explore
St. Elizabeth of Hungary, who is being remembered in a special way by the Secular Franciscans throughout the world on the 800th anniversary of her birth. She is the Patroness of the Secular Franciscan Order, a mother, a widow, and one who worked tirelessly on behalf of the poor. (Do check the link above and read about her life--fascinating!)


BLESSEDS:
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta--I am awestruck by her work and her wonderful writings
Blessed Junipero Serra, because I have had, since childhood, a fascination with the Franciscan missionaries who inspired others to share our Faith

SHOULD BE/COULD BE:
Servant of God John Paul the Great (needs no explanation, I'm sure)

TAG!!
Sue, sfo
Michelle
The Kitchen Madonna

No comments: