Friday, May 11, 2007

Ostrich for Breakfast

This morning Little Brother and I headed down to the Omelet House so we could meet Ellen "From Across the Net." On the way there I asked him what I thought was a simple question, "What do you want for breakfast?"
"Pancakes and...do they have any ostrich there?"
Way to stop me in my tracks! After some interrogation I figured out that he wanted sausage with his pancakes.
Fortunately the diner had plenty of sausage and, apparently, really good pancakes, so Little Brother was kept pretty busy while Ellen and I visited. Since our sons attend the same school it was a great opportunity to compare notes on what teachers Big Brother should hope to have for next year, and I was happy to get the inside track on some of what will be in store for him. We found plenty to chat about and I hope we'll get together again soon.
Thanks for breakfast, Ellen. It was a great time, and Little Brother definitely liked his ostrich.

No comments: