Monday, August 06, 2007

Required Reading

If you have any daughters, you should read this book!

Girls Gone Mild by Wendy Shalit is an honest and eye-opening discussion about the challenges our daughters face in a world where toys, music, the media, and fashion discourage them from modest and chaste behavior and dress. I'm right there with her on the "Bratz" issue, and that was only the introduction! It's encouraging to know that there are girls out there who aren't interested in buying into the values being pushed on them. I hope my daughter will be strong enough to be one of them, and I certainly want to encourage that.

I'm not done reading the book yet, so you may hear more from me as I get deeper into it. Meanwhile, check out what Danielle and Denise have said about this book.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way to recommend this book here. I purchased the book myself and am glad I did. I'll also be recommending that my public library purchase this book.


No comments: