Friday, April 18, 2008

A Forgiving Spirit

I guess opposites attract, at least in the case of TheDad and me.

He's pretty much a go-with-the-flow kind of guy. I do not go with the flow. I fight it every step of the way.

Yesterday I was cleaning the bathroom, and I used a cleaner with bleach in it. Normally, I bring in a laundry basket for my cleaning rags, but I had forgotten that, and was feeling lazy, so I just tossed the rags into the clothes hamper. Right on top of a pair of TheDad's dress pants. Navy blue dress pants.

I guess you can figure out what happened.

This morning when I went to do the laundry I found the ruined pants. I went and showed him what had happened. "I feel so stupid," I confessed. "It's all because I was too lazy to get a basket for those rags."

"Don't worry about it," he comforted me. "It's no big deal."

"It's at least a $30 big deal!" I just could not let it go.

A few minutes later I noticed that the pants he is wearing today have a tiny hole next to the side seam, partway down the leg. We both wondered how that had happened.

I made a mental note to order him a couple of new pairs of dress pants.

Then he called from the car (hey, this is New Jersey, that's illegal, buddy!) to tell me that he had figured out where the hole came from. I'm sure that he promptly forgot about the two ruined pairs of pants and is just going about his day.

Things I can learn from my husband: worry less. Let it go. Go with the flow.

No comments: