Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kicking the Can



I'm saying this here to boost my accountability.

It's time for me to kick the habit.

My name is Barb, and I'm a Pepsi-holic. It's time to get off the hard stuff and switch to water, iced tea, or lemonade.

Danielle has given up Diet Coke and that has pushed me into thinking that it's time for me to do the same, and start looking for soda alternatives. I had already stopped buying Pepsi and bought some cans of Coke instead, and it just doesn't taste as good to me, so I've already been a little motivated to avoid soda.

Yesterday was pretty easy.

But today...that can of Coke in the fridge is calling out to me, and it's all I can do to avoid it.

Yes--I am fighting my very own Cola War right here.

Earlier today I googled "soda addictive" because I swear there's something in these drinks that makes people compelled to drink more. I'm already drinking decaf soda, so it can't be the caffeine. And really, soda has no redeeming nutritional value. There's got to be some virtue in kicking this habit. Oh yeah--that would be "self-control."

So I am off to refill my pretty, flowered glass with some more ice water while I laugh an evil, victorious laugh at the can of Coke as it gets shoved farther back into the dark recesses of the refrigerator.

No comments: