Monday, August 11, 2008

Time for Flexibility

The S--z Family Vacation is almost upon us.

This is not a time to see me at my best. If you want to see me at my worst, though, just hang around here this week (as we plan) and next week (as we travel). I know that we are blessed in being able to take a family vacation.

The past couple of summers have not been too bad. We've spent 4 vacations running at the New Jersey Shore and it was about as painless as it gets. Yes, I had to cook and clean the house. It was just like home, but with more sand. But I knew my way around town and we had our own sheets and towels, and the familiarity was comfortable.

We won't be going to the beach this year. With Middle Sister's broken foot, the Jersey Shore is out of the question. That means there will be no familiarity, no comfort.

TheDad is talking about needing a GPS. The kids are putting in their two cents regarding travel plans, destinations and who gets the coveted Way Back Seat in the van (probably Middle Sister, who needs to put her foot up!) We have no reservations, no itinerary, no plan, no tickets.

So it is time for me to officially Flip Out as I consider what must be done this week!

No comments: