Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yet Another Reason

...why TheDad is officially an Awesome Guy.

I am just not in the mood to cook anything today. Never mind the fact that my eyes are filling up with tears at irregular intervals, and chopping things for the planned lo mein dinner would probably not be a good idea. I don't want to amputate any fingers....

But all I had to do was ask and he said, no problem--you don't have to cook.

I did iron today, and do laundry, and I got some "absolutely necessary" errands in--like making sure we had some stuff in the house so there would be lunches for the kids tomorrow. But I just did not get to anything else, and I'm thankful that TheDad is understanding about that.

I just feel like I am walking around in this weird state; I can go along for a few minutes just fine and then it occurs to me, oh yeah, my dad has cancer and he's not going to have it taken care of for 2 1/2 more months.

I think tomorrow I am going to start the day with some caffeinated coffee and throw myself into something big like cleaning out the garage.

No comments: