Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Be Polite, Kids

It's time for an Etiquette Lesson.

All my kids do this, so I shouldn't single anyone out here. But Middle Sister was the guilty party today.

I was on the phone with my friend SFO Girl while preparing dinner. Middle Sister wandered into the kitchen and interrupted my conversation to find out what we were having.

And dummy me answered her! (Clearly, I am enabling my children to be rude. The first step is recognizing that you have a problem...)

"It's Sloppy Joes," I answered as I chopped peppers.

"EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Almost worse, in my book, than rudely interrupting people is saying "EWWWWWWWWWWW" to a food before you eat it. Children who do this to me do not obtain my sympathy and an offer to cook them a whole separate dinner. I don't play that game.

I informed Middle Sister that Sloppy Joes are practically just like tacos and that she can have hers in a tortilla.

And after we sit down at the table, we're going to have to have a talk about manners.

No comments: