Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spoken Like a True Girl

I came home this morning after Mass and grocery shopping to find a message on our voice mail. Apparently it was left yesterday afternoon, and I didn't realize it. The little girl who lives behind us wanted to play with Little Brother. She's almost five, but quite the pro at leaving messages!

"Hello, my name is Cutie Pie, and I'm calling to ask Little Brother to come over and play with me, because I want to play. Give me a call back. My number is ###-####. Bye!"

I feel bad that we didn't realize she'd called, and at the same time I'm really impressed at her ability to leave a message. It must be a girl thing, because Little Brother will call and say things like, "Hello, can Cutie Pie play? (wait for someone to respond, which won't happen because this is voice mail)...Bye."

No comments: