Monday, October 11, 2010

Problem-Solving

Yesterday, Little Brother's friend invited him to go to a local farmer's market; his family was going to get some pumpkins and Halloween decorations.

An hour later, the two boys came to the front door a huge pumpkin. This pumpkin has about the same diameter as a basketball, but it's half again as tall. That's a big, heavy pumpkin to carry up the hill.

For a minute, I wondered how they got it here. Then I saw the skateboard as the boys off-loaded the pumpkin and rolled it into place next to my front door.

I admired their creativity, ingenuity and resourcefulness. Now if I could only make sure that they use their powers for good, we'll be all set.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Very resourceful indeed :)

Steve said...

I'm jealous! I can remember doing things just like that when I was a kid, and I'm saddened that the little micro world of North Charlotte does not allow for things like that. Those are the memories to cherish Barb!

BTW, it seems as if I;m back to blogging again! The autumn light has found me thoughtful these recent days.