There are a lot of loose ends to tie up around this house before I walk out of here Monday morning and return Thursday or Friday, only to have to lie around with my feet up for a while and let other people do what I usually do around the house.
TheDad wants me to write down all the stuff that he will need to know. Even then, I know that I'll have kids calling me at the hospital asking me where stuff is and how to do this or that.
Things I MUST get done:
- dust and vacuum my bedroom
- write out logistics concerning: lunches, school bus
- make tutorial cookbook for Middle Sister
- square away the Secular Franciscans for next week's meeting (that's this afternoon's task)
- get my wedding ring removed (and then repaired, so when I'm out of the hospital I can wear it again)
- grocery list and shopping
Things I SHOULD get done:
- make arrangements for Anointing of the Sick
- get ahead (if possible) on the publicity work I do for Room Two Productions
- finish the last bit of freelance work
- check on library books
- clean the bathrooms
Things I'd love to get done but I'm well aware that they "ain't gonna happen:"
- take down curtains, launder them, return them to windows
- launder, starch and iron living-room tablecloths on end tables
- a really detailed vacuuming of the whole house, including Couch Diving
- scrub my kitchen floor before my mother shows up here and does it
All this in the next day and a half, because Saturday is busy and Sunday I'll be doing prep, which means I won't want to be doing any heavy work.