Hallie's reminder about the Quick Takes and, well, why not? Here's a look at the randomness of my world.
1. I started back to "work" this week. Since "work" for me means freelance writing, I am "working" from the comfort of my own couch. I am thankful for laptops that allow me not to sit at a desk, because sitting in a straight chair is not comfortable yet.
2. One of my freelance projects is a blog targeted to new parents. Normally this project involves product spotlights and occasional recall announcements. Yesterday I was asked to discuss the whole TIME magazine-attachment parenting debacle.
3. I got some bread baked yesterday, because we were almost out of bread, and I didn't have time to walk down to 7-11 and get more. Thanks to my Dough Machine, I made some at home. Little Brother eats large quantities of toast every morning. A double batch of Portuguese Easter Bread should do the trick.
4. It's good to have some energy back, and there are some things I can do around the house now. If someone gets me everything I need from the lower shelves, I can cook. If someone carries the laundry to the basement and delivers the baskets of clean clothes, I can do the laundry, this ensuring that my yoga pants don't get put in the dryer and shrink to fit the 8-year-old neighbor. I need those yoga pants right now! I'm healing well on the outside and trying very hard to follow directions so I heal well on the inside too.
5. Big Brother came home from college yesterday. It's good to have him home. Last night the Big Kids and I sat around eating ice cream, talking and laughing. It was great. But having him here is also good for my blood pressure; his school is in a not-so-great neighborhood of Philadelphia, so I often find myself obsessing over crime and accident reports on the news, google-mapping the address to see if it's anywhere near his dorm. For the next 3 months, I don't have to do that.
6. I've got a cookbook giveaway going on over at Mom's Fridge! Check it out!
7. Things I miss because I'm recovering: daily Mass, helping out in the library at Little Brother's school, grocery shopping, track meets. Things I don't miss: driving, vacuuming, driving, mopping, driving, washing windows, and did I mention driving? People have asked me if I'm getting stir-crazy because I can't go anyplace. Honestly, no. I can get out and walk; there's a Panera only about 1/4 mile away, so I can walk over there. I'm sure I cancel out the "healthy" in the walk by bringing home a caramel latte, but I am powerless over the caramel latte.
Remember, the Quick Takes are being hosted at Betty Beguiles this week. Why not link up?