Monday, May 27, 2013

Utilitarian

Little Brother is just so desperate to be a Big Kid. As the youngest in a family with a wide age spread, that's not such a shocker.

For at least a year he's been asking me to buy him Axe. Since he's not one to be restrained in his use of anything, there was no way I was going to let him get anything he could liberally spray all over himself.

But just before Easter I was in CVS and I noticed that Axe makes shampoo and body wash. I'm all about encouraging cleanliness, so I bought him a bottle of shampoo and tucked it in his Easter basket. He's been a happily clean kid for almost two months now.

This morning after his shower, he came over to me and asked, "How do I smell?"

Me:  "Um, you smell like Axe."

LB:  "Yeah. I'm going to get all the girls."

Me:  "Oh really?"

LB:  "Yeah. That's what happens when you use Axe. Girls really like it."

Me:  "Not this girl."

LB:  "You don't have to like it. You already have a husband."

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Hahaha! Love it!

Nancy said...

Ok, now THAT is funny!!

Mimi said...

I used to think that a cloud of Axe followed my X man like the cloud of dust followed Pigpen :)

Sara said...

I'm so glad my boys are Old Spice men. Does that mean they don't want all the girls? Nah, just that mom is too cheap and Axe is too strong!

Barbara said...

I know what you mean...I have banned Axe in my house. I pity the poor soul who has my son's car after we turn it in. Yuck.