Thursday, April 08, 2010

Discretion is the better part of motherhood

Otherwise known as: You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em."

Things I'd like to say to my daughter's friend, but don't: "If you're that interested in the clothespins that you've got them hanging from your ears, perhaps you'd like to take the laundry down from the line and fold it neatly."

Things I'd rather not have to say to my daughter's other friend, but do, since he's a neighbor and I've picked him up at school once in the past 2 weeks, in the pouring rain, because of a foot injury: "Don't you have a sore foot? Should you be doing barefoot gymnastics?"

1 comment:

NCSue said...

Hi Barb -

Do you remember entering the Gospel Giveaway on my blog (http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/)? The url for that contest was http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2010/03/fun-idea-and-give-away-besides.html.

We had a winner but she never responded with a way for me to send her a prize. I held another drawing, and your name was picked. Please email me off-line at ncsue0514 at msn dot com to let me know your address, and I'll send it your way!

Thanks for participating and for your comments.

God bless you,

NCSue