Friday, July 08, 2011

Zits hits the nail on the head

I'm beating Ellen to the Friday Funny today.  We have a few things in common, including a connection to our local diocesan high school and a love for the movie My Cousin Vinny.  And we both enjoy the Zits comic, which chronicles life with teen boys--the kind of teen boys who are basically good kids but just, in their own way, completely oblivious.  That comic makes me laugh, because there are so many times I can picture the exact situation.

Here's today's Zits:


That's life with Big Brother.  Except he has an old beat-up Hyundai, not a van.

And here's one from earlier in the week, which is a good description of Middle Sister's friends:


I could totally picture some of them doing this--which is why they require more supervision than 15-year-olds want to have.  In some ways, these kids are just like toddlers, only larger and stronger (and thankfully, potty trained).

3 comments:

Bean said...

LOL - The first one is exactly life with our son Ben who is still at home and almost twenty!!
Your comments about the second strip made me chuckle. Yesterday I was driving to the library and three youths, or for Cousin Vinny fans YUTES, were walking along the side of the road, one had his over shirt undone and hitched over his head. A as I drove past I thought of my 15 month old grandson and decided that walking around with a shirt hooked over his head is something a 15 month old would do and apparently a 15 year old!

Ellen said...

Stealing my thunder! Well I'll be.

Love Zits. And I can so picture the refrigerator magnet bandit creating the floating campfire. Good luck with that one.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Fridge Magnet Bandit (love the name) has not been back. Other friends have, but not that one. I think he was scared of the Wrath of Dad.