Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day, without much snow

My kids have eagerly been anticipating a Snow Day, and they got one today. Guess all the spoons under the pillow and the backward pajamas did the trick (though I think Little Brother's pajamas were not backward on purpose...)

I got the call from Big Brother's school at 5:15, and then starting at 6 I was watching the news to find out about the other kids' school--I still haven't gotten that phone call. Finally at 6:30 I got up and turned on the computer and found out that they are indeed closed. I got an email from the instant alert, but no call. Maybe I'd better check my settings.

Little Brother has been awake since before 6 and is bouncing off the walls already. And there won't be any snow for him to play in, unless he gets out there NOW while it's still dark! It's changed to freezing rain here already and is going to be raining within the next few hours. So it will be a long day off with no snow, and chances are I'll have a houseful of kids once Adventure Boy figures out that Little Brother is home today.

Big Brother's school was supposed to have free ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery for all the students today. Wonder if they'll reschedule? The school Mass at the other kids' school has been moved to Friday.

No comments: