Monday, July 13, 2009

Pray for your Children Today!

This psalm comes from Evening Prayer for Friday. Every Friday, for years and years, I have prayed this psalm. And it just struck me this past week that this is an excellent psalm for parents to pray for their children. I am including the prayer at the end for the same reason.

PSALM 121

I lift up my eyes to the mountains: from where shall come my help?
My help shall come from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

May he never allow you to stumble! Let him sleep not, your guard.
No, he sleeps not nor slumbers, Israel’s guard.

The Lord is your guard and your shade, at your right side he stands.
By day the sun shall not smite you nor the moon in the night.

The Lord will guard you from evil, he will guard your soul.
The Lord will guard your going and coming both now and forever.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus Christ, you have prepared a quiet place for us in the Father’s eternal home. Watch over our welfare on this perilous journey, shade us from the burning heat of day, and keep our lives free of evil until the end.



No comments: