Monday, July 06, 2009

An Encouraging Word on a Busy Day

Today was one of those days when this "stay-at-home mom" wasn't home much. I took Little Brother to the library. I zipped to the Dollar Store and CVS to pick up a few necessities (sidewalk chalk among them, because it just isn't summer without an abundance of sidewalk chalk). I picked up some Chick-Fil-A lunch. I took Little Brother to the pool, and encouraged him as he practiced his swimming and then cheered for him when he passed his swim test (he's allowed in the Big Pool now without me--yippee!) After dinner I delivered Big Brother to cross-country practice and then took Little Brother to Middle Sister's basketball game, where I cheered for her team and provided first-aid necessities when a team member got injured.

At home, I did manage to get 2 loads of laundry hung on the line, bathrooms "swished and swiped," dinner cooked, served and cleaned up, and my writing for the day done.

I was despairing over getting stuff done (or more correctly, not getting stuff done.) And then a friend of mine sent me a link to the 50s Housewife blog. I was curious so I followed it--and I found this: "Someone Has to Do It".

Then I realized I didn't do that badly today after all. It was a busy day, but a good day. Much as I love to be home, sometimes my vocation takes me out of it--to the pool, the library, the store, the basketball court. Those things are important too, even when they prevent me from cleaning the floors (which seriously need some cleaning!) Now go visit the link. We all need that kind of encouragement.

No comments: