Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Author, Author!


Christine of The Simple and the Ordinary and Simply Put has had her book published! When Mike Kissed Emma is available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I received and read my copy today. If you've got a teen girl, I highly recommend this book.

Here's my review that I posted on both websites selling this book:

An enjoyable read for teens, WHEN MIKE KISSED EMMA follows a group of friends as they settle into their roles for the high-school play. Author Christine Marciniak captures the humor and drama of everyday life in high school. The characters and dialogue were very well done. Cleverly, the author uses lyrics from the school musical as chapter headings. This novel is a welcome break from the "clique" and "occult" novels that dominate teen lit. Appropriate for middle-school students and older.


Middle Sister gets to read it next, and I'm planning to purchase copies to give as gifts as well as one to donate to my kids' school library.

Congratulations, Christine! (I want my copy signed!)

No comments: