Saturday, October 13, 2007

Spelling Success!

Little Brother has finally learned to spell our last name.

It's not an easy name. It kind of looks like what happens when you are touch-typing and your fingers stray off the "home keys" so everything is a little, well, off.

Last week he could only spell half of it, so I was very impressed when he rattled the whole thing off.

"Wow," I said. "Have you been practicing that in school?"

His answer: "No. I learned it off my lunchbox. Thanks, Mom, for writing it on my lunchbox!" He was so proud of himself, and as he usually does when he's happy about something, he gave me Extra Hugs and Kisses.

I guess all that time he spends sitting on the school bus every day has paid off. I wonder if they make dry-erase lunchboxes? I could write Middle Sister's spelling words on there every week. Hmmmmmm.....

No comments: