Thursday, September 09, 2010

It's the Little Things

I found this article "How to Practice Mortification without Outing Yourself as a Catholic" via Lisa, Franciscat, who posted it on facebook. It's got 5 suggestions for little ways to help you grow in your spiritual life, without being all obvious about it. After all, "when you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full." (Matthew 6:16)

You don't have to wait until Lent to fast--even from little things. This article is worth the read--and it's even got some humor in it.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thanks for sharing -- that was a good one. (If this takes, it's the third time I've had to type it -- does that count as mortification? I guess not -- I complained!) ;-)