Friday, September 18, 2009

Proof

...that Big Brother, who has had his driver's license for a full 8 days now, isn't in danger of getting any speeding tickets:

This morning I picked up the plastic-bagged newspaper off the wet front lawn, and put it down on the trunk of Big Brother's car while I chatted with a neighbor. I walked inside without the paper and didn't think about it again until Big Brother was long gone, on his way to school.

He made it more than half a mile to the jughandle, where he stopped for a red light and the driver behind him got out of her car, picked up the paper off his trunk and handed it to him.

I know he's not flying around the corners, or the paper would have sailed off by that point.

I'm thinking that this knowledge was well worth the 75 cents for the replacement paper that TheDad bought me.

No comments: