Monday, November 06, 2006

Really Good Stuff

I've been doing a bit of reading lately that is really challenging me to meditate on my vocation as a wife and mother.

First, there's the Kitchen Madonna's blog and website. At one point, she mentions, "There is value in being a stealth vehicle for the virtues of the Mother of God." Chew on THAT for a while! That sentence sums up the Kitchen Madonna's ministry and challenge.

Then, there is a wonderful writer I discovered through Danielle Bean's blog. Genevieve Kineke has a blog and a new book, Authentic Catholic Woman
Authentic Catholic Woman



I was reading this book tonight as I waited through Middle Sister's basketball practice. (Almost 2 hours a week of reading time, even if there's noise and only a hard gym floor to sit on, is still a bonus of reading time for me!) Kineke uses incarnational theology (trace that one all the way back to St. Anthony of Padua--hey, this stuff is Franciscan!) I love all the examples from the lives of the saints that she provides, and how we are urged to link our actions with the sacraments of the Church, because we mirror the Church in our own domestic churches.

It's a real feast for the soul. Join me, dig in, and enjoy!

No comments: