Thursday, September 18, 2008

3-Ply TP: Not for Me

I don't quite fit the demographic, and I can't say that this is a product I'd buy.

Triple-ply toilet paper?

The article linked above says they're marketing this to over-45 women (I'm close, but not there YET) who view their bathroom as a "sanctuary for quality time."

I'm still teaching some people in this house that one doesn't barge in when the bathroom door is closed. My bathroom hasn't hit the level of "sanctuary" yet. And there's the small matter of that Army Guy standing guard over the sink (maybe I'll make a tiny little sign to hang on his rifle: USE SOAP! If I do, I WILL post a picture!)

Can you imagine with 3-ply TP would do to those low-flush toilets? Already they have to be flushed twice (or more), canceling out any "water savings" they claim to have.

I think their target market is not over-45 women, but plumbers who will be laughing all the way to the bank with all the unclogging work that will come their way after this stuff hits the store shelves.

No comments: