Monday, August 15, 2005

Catholic School Flashback

Before every class, we prayed:

Direct, we beseech Thee, O Lord, our actions by Thy holy inspiration, and carry them out by Thy gracious assistance, so that every prayer and work of ours may always begin from Thee, and by Thee be happily ended. Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

Moms are no different from students. We also need the Lord's direction as we go through our day. Whether it's loading the kids into the car to go to the library, sorting socks, or scrubbing toilets, our work can and should begin with a look to the Lord.

1 comment:

Steve said...

"Whether it's loading the kids into the car to go to the library, sorting socks, or scrubbing toilets, our work can and should begin with a look to the Lord."

Well put!! I oftentimes get distressed over the weekend; usually I dont have enough time to say a rosary like I always do so during the week on my way to work,for some reason the time gets away from me on the weekends. But I always say a prayer when waking up and when going to bed. I need to get up earlier and pray more.