Saturday, August 18, 2007

Packing List

I don't know if it's just me, but when I am getting us all ready to go on vacation (for the fourth summer in a row, a week in a house down the shore) I always make sure to pack my planner, a notebook or clipboard with paper, and at least one time-management/household management/motivational book.

I know I can count on at least one night of insomnia out of the seven we'll be there. Plus I tend to wake up earlier than most family members, so I get a good amount of quiet time for thinking and planning. Little Brother's the other early riser, but I can usually convince him that it would be fun to go back to sleep with Daddy, and buy myself a few extra quiet minutes.

It's almost like a time for making New Year's Resolutions. I write, make charts, and compose lists.

I've come to look forward to this aspect of our vacation. This year I'm reading It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh. It's easy to read about decluttering when I'm not surrounded by all our clutter.

From the front porch of the house we're renting, I can see the ocean. What a peaceful place to sit and plan! We'll be there in a week--I can't wait!

No comments: