Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Enforcer

Middle Sister decided today that she is giving up her hair straightener for the rest of Lent.

Good for her hair, although not for her mood. She hates that she has wavy hair that doesn't always behave as she wants it to.

But she handed me her straightener just now with the instructions that I am to hide it from her and not tell her where it is no matter how much she begs.

In other words, I have to be The Enforcer for her Lenten penance. I'm less than thrilled over this, because it's not teaching her much self-control if I have to be the one to keep saying she can't have what she wants. Plus, I have to be the Bad Guy, which I do enough of already, enforcing my own rules--never mind the ones she inflicts upon herself.

1 comment:

Steve said...

You should tell her that Barb! If you do it for her, she'll never be able to relate her trivial struggles to the ones Christ endured for us! I say give it back to her, and let her work it out for herself.