Monday, December 05, 2011

The Pot Calls the Kettle Black

Middle Sister missed the bus (again) this morning.  As she opened the door of the van to load her stuff in, a video-game cartridge fell out.

"Little Brother doesn't take care of his things," she complained as she threw her backpack onto the back seat, followed by her laptop and enormous sports duffel.

I just looked at her and then at her pile of stuff.

"What?  The IT people test those laptops by throwing them down the stairs!  I think it can handle my 2-pound sports bag."

(She underestimates the weight of this sports bag by a factor of 10.)

"I don't think they actually throw the computers down the stairs," I replied.

"Yes, they do!  My freshman English teacher told us that," she informed me.

"I have a hard time picturing the members of the Technology Department tossing laptops down the stairs," I commented.

"And the keyboards are supposed to be spillproof too!  I kinda want to test that..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's my understanding that they do not test them by throwing them down the stairs. There would surely be a mess of damage. And they also tell students to never put them in a sports bag of any kind. Send her to her Tech person. She'll set Middle Sister straight!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

She didn't put it IN the sports bag...more like UNDER the sports bag.

(Yes, we got her a laptop sleeve for her backpack. But she doesn't use that.)