Thursday, October 06, 2005

When Worlds Collide II

It's been the kind of week where I take time to think about how I live my life as a Franciscan layperson.
Am I wasteful? Am I a "good steward" of what I have been given, using my abilities as well as material possessions in a wise and good way? Have I become too used to those "creature comforts" and little luxuries that have come my way?
Ouch.
This morning I drove Middle Sister to school, since she was running too late for the bus. It was chilly out. Our new van has leather seats, and she suggested testing out the "heated front seat" feature that, having bought the van during the summer, we have yet to try.
Let me tell you, if my wireless Internet signal would reach the driveway, I'd probably never leave that van again. It has more cupholders than passenger seating, satellite radio, AND bun-warmers!
So what was I saying about those creature comforts?
Right. Ouch.
I've got a long way to go, and I probably shouldn't turn on the bun-warmers for the journey.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh! Seat warmers...I've always wanted those - especially in January.

And as a lay Dominican, I have the same problems with the whole "attachment to material comforts" thing... Yes, Lord, I want to follow you, but can I finish my latte first? Thanks, ever so much!