Thursday, June 30, 2005

Ahhhhhh....

It's 6:20 on a Thursday night.
I have cleaned the top of my desk. It's BROWN!
We have finished dinner.
We have conducted a "Ten-Minute Tidy" that took care of the worst of the mess in the family room, and all of the mess in the living room and dining room.
I have vacuumed the living room and dining room. (Little Brother has been eating Rice Krispies this week. I've been wondering why he bothers with a bowl. Why not eliminate the middleman and just pour them directly onto the carpet?)
The Big Kids have taken out the trash, as it is Trash Night.
Now I can revel in my clean, orderly house....for as long as it lasts (probably about three minutes).
I have a great need for order. Entropy is the enemy. Yet with children around, entropy is reality!

2 comments:

Rock Wren said...

We tried to sell our house once, years ago when our kids were 12, 10 and 8. It was impossible to keep the place clean and ready for showings. Now we are selling again when our kids are 22, 20, 18 and 6 -- it is so much easier... even the 6 year old is able to pick up after herself...

I conclude that the mess of several children together is greater than the mess of those same children apart. A sort of weird clutter-synergy. :)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Epiphany, I always figure that if I keep enough stuff on my desk, I'll never have to dust it!