Friday, June 03, 2005

You know when the house needs to be picked up when...

...you find the following items:
- child's snow boots in the master bedroom (it's JUNE, and we live close enough to the equator that there is generally not snow here in June)
- dictionary on the living room couch
- schoolbags on the living room couch
- no less than 3 pairs of shoes in the living room (one of them mine--oops!)
- lunchbox in the living room
- 2 empty Easter baskets and one, belonging to Himself, that still has treats in it (just how long am I supposed to avoid THAT Near Occasion of Sin?)
I could go on, but you get the idea. It's getting late, and tomorrow is another day. When everyone is awake I will turn on my "Sister Act" CD and be a "White Tornado" (remember that commercial?) My favorite song on that soundtrack is "Rescue Me" and it does get me going when I'm just not in the mood to do dishes, clean toilets or other such tasks.
The Big Kids will roll their eyes, but the Girl Group Music will help me get the job done. The louder, the better. When they ask me to turn it down, I tell them, "If it's too loud, you're too old!"

No comments: