Friday, June 24, 2005

Wet Sock Moment

My socks are wet.
Ick.
When I opened the front door just now to get this morning's newspaper, and stepped outside, I saw two bunnies quietly munching on their breakfast in the grass at the top of my driveway.
They calmly looked back at me. Surely I wouldn't come their way and force them to hop to a hiding place in the neighbors' flower garden!
I couldn't do that, but I wanted my paper. It just isn't breakfast without the paper. So I trekked across the front lawn, dew and all.
I managed to get back in without scaring the bunnies away from their meal of clover and dandelion leaves.
I have to change my socks now, but I think it was worth it.

1 comment:

Steve said...

:-)

I like that story, I really do. Only a Franciscan would go to that much trouble! Pax et Bonum!