Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Miscellaneous

It's been busy around here, that's for sure.

Sometime around dinnertime tonight, Big Brother will return home with a duffel bag full of dirty laundry and lots of stories to tell. We're looking forward to that. I'm planning on making an apple pie to go with those stories.

I've barely started my Christmas shopping (for that matter, I've barely started making a list, never mind checking it twice.) But at one of my freelance writing jobs, it's been all-Black Friday, all the time. It's creeping over to the other site where I write as well.

There's a bunch to get done before Big Brother's Eagle Scout ceremony in two weeks. Looks like there will be quite a crowd attending.

Four weeks from now, the Secular Franciscans will once again host our "Living Nativity at Greccio." If you're local, why not join us? We're getting things all set--so far we've arranged for the animals, the hay, the music, and Baby Jesus. Gifts for each family attending are in progress, and there will be cookies and hot chocolate to top off the day.

But today, before much else goes on, my house is going to be invaded by Cub Scouts--20 or so Cub Scouts--and their parents. It's Scouting for Food day. They'll be collecting canned goods in my neighborhood, then sorting them and delivering them to the local food pantry. Last year we had 10 Cub Scouts and the back porch was buried in food. We're hoping to top that this year, as we have double the Scouts!

No comments: