Monday, November 16, 2009

Stalked

I was stalked earlier this morning--in my very own bathroom!

There I was, in the shower, when suddenly I realized I wasn't alone. A mosquito was hovering near the shower curtains. Let me just say that if you're alone in a small room with a mosquito, you don't want to be in the shower at the time. 100% of you is a target at that point.

Not wanting to wake up everyone else in the house, I did manage to stay quiet even as I finished my shower, grabbed a tissue and chased the predatory insect around the tiny space. My attempts to capture it were unsuccessful, not to mention ridiculous-looking. I'm sure the mosquito had a good laugh at my expense.

After everyone left for their day at work or school, I looked around the bathroom again, checking all the folds of the shower curtain and behind the medicine-cabinet door. No mosquito. This can only mean one thing: he's moved on to my bedroom. This is not going to be good.

No comments: