Sunday, April 17, 2011

It Might Get Loud

The Boy Next Door and a few other friends are over here to hang out with Middle Sister. They're all freshmen in high school, which means that while these guys enjoy going to school dances, they also enjoy staging Nerf wars with Little Brother.

Middle Sister came in here a few minutes ago to ask me to get Little Brother off the porch, where she was sitting with her friends.

"Find a friend your own age," I told Little Brother.

But the friends piped up, "No, we're having fun! He should stay here."

"Yeah," Little Brother chimed in. "They're like the brothers I never had."

"You have a brother," I reminded him.

So Little Brother remains on the porch (or in the yard--I just saw a bunch of these guys run by the window) with Middle Sister and the guys. There he is, right in the thick of things. And while it's noisy out there on the porch, I really don't mind having this bunch over. As long as they remember to put their empty soda cans in the recycling bin, they're welcome here.

No comments: