Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not So Grumpy


Sometimes you just have to break your own fashion rules.

I figure that I'm not young enough to pull off T-shirts with slogans or sweat shirts with pictures. I make an exception for Notre Dame and any school/team spirit wear associated with my kids, but that's it.

And I'm not a big Disney fan.

But a few months ago I found a fleece with my favorite Dwarf's picture on it, along with the words "I'm GRUMPY." At the time, I joked that I was buying it so that on days when I was feeling grumpy, I could issue a warning to my family.

That's not how it has turned out, though. When I wear this fleece, my grumpy mood tends to evaporate. The picture makes me smile, and it's hard to be grumpy when you're smiling. It's a weird way to get an attitude adjustment, but it works for me.

I should wear this shirt every day. I'm sure it would never pass the test on "What Not To Wear," but that's OK.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I wonder would a "Happy" shirt make you grumpy? ;-)

Mimi said...

Firstly, Barbara made me laugh out loud (so the answer for me, apparently, is neither would make me Grumpy) but this is cute :)