Monday, September 19, 2005

Tagged by Jill

10 Years Ago
I was 30 years old, 6 months pregnant with Middle Sister and had just finished being a contestant on "Jeopardy!" (I lost, but the only thing I got wrong was Final Jeopardy).

5 Years Ago
I was 35 years old and teaching part-time Spanish, grade 5 at a middle school and grade 1 in an elementary school in a neighboring town. 2 classes a day, 5 days a week. The choir I had led for almost 10 years had been displaced by a change in the Mass schedule, and directed to merge with a senior citizens' choir in the same parish. That merger lasted a month. After that I went on a heartbreaking hiatus from music ministry for almost 2 years.

1 Year Ago
I was 39. Little Brother was 2. I was just beginning to get more involved in the Big Kids' school and volunteer during the day, with Little Brother in tow.

5 Songs I Know the Words To
You can't expect me to narrow it down to just 5! I have an amazing memory for lyrics. Having been a church musician since 1980 I know just about everything in the old original 3-volume set of "Glory and Praise."

5 Snacks
Grandma Utz's handcooked potato chips
Milky Way
coffee ice cream
cheese Danish
mixed nuts

5 Things I Would Do With $100,000,000
Buy & restore a big Victorian house (the more porches & turrets, the better)
Educate my childen & my nieces & nephews
Bail out my Big Kids' financially-strapped Catholic school and build the parish a nice gym/parish community center
Make sure my parents & inlaws were well provided for in their retirement years
Tell Big Daddy that he can stop working for pay and instead do what he loves, involving meteorology

5 Favorite TV Shows
The West Wing
The Apprentice
The Weather Channel
The Cosby Show reruns
Early Edition reruns

5 Places I Would Run Away To
the NJ shore
the mountains, especially in fall
That's all I need

5 Joys
My family
a beautiful sunset
a good laugh
singing
cooking

5 Things I Would Never Wear
-anything that exposes my belly
-piercings outside my ears
-high heels
-miniskirts (or mini-anything)
-shorts with writing on the butt

I don't know anyone who hasn't been tagged for this one!

No comments: